Friday, November 12, 2010

Round 8 - 11/11/10

Today was actually a pretty fast workout, but I was still in a lot of pain from Tuesday. My arms and my abs (in particular) were dying, so I think I kind of needed/earned the break. Hehe.


I warmed up on the treadmill because my arms were so sore. I walked on an incline for 5 minutes and then ran for 5 minutes. That was pretty comfortable. Running at an easy pace always loosens me up and I was only running around a 10 minute mile when I was running at all. I felt better after that.


For WOD we did 3 sets of 11 squat thrusters/11 burpees. I ended up doing 42lbs for the squat thrusters (though at the time I didn’t think I was going to make it, haha,). I did the three sets in 8:25 so I was happy with that. I never seem to be on the slower end of the time numbers compared to everyone else; I guess that means I have pretty good stamina from running.


After that I ran/walked for 10 minutes to cool down. I went for a run this afternoon for about 40 minutes too. I wanted to take advantage of my legs not being sore and I haven’t been having very good runs since my half marathon. The weather was perfect and it just felt really good to hit the pavement, so all-in-all a good workout day.


I’m going back to Crossfit tomorrow and that might be it for the week. I work on Saturday so if I go back it won’t be until Sunday and I kind of wanted to run again then. 4 days a week is still solid I think.


- N

2 comments:

  1. Yay for good workout days! It always sounds like you have great times for the Crossfit workouts, go you! :)

    ReplyDelete