Monday, November 29, 2010

Month Two: Round 18 - 11/29/10


Stats:

Weight - 158/159
Bust - 38.75"
Waist - 29.5"
Hips - 39"

As promised I have some stats for you. They’re nothing spectacular and I don’t know how great the photos are (since this one was taken at night and I’ve drank a ton of water so far), but there’s improvement (at least in the measurements).

Today I did not want to go to the gym. I was stuck in a doctor’s waiting room all morning for a walk-in appointment and then I went to Whole Foods to get some Vitamin D drops and more stuff for my protein smoothies. By the time I got home I still had to eat and it was already 2:30 and...it was just hard to go today.

But I went. After a little bit of probing from some of my friends I bit the bullet and got changed and went.


And I’m really really glad I did. The workout was one of my best yet I think.


For starters we did deadlifts, working up to a five rep max. I asked the trainer if she thought I could break 100 today. She said “absoluuuuutely”. So that was my goal.


And it was achieved! I did 2 sets of 5 at 100lbs! I deadlifted a (tiny) adult person, haha! I was so excited. Next time I want to back squat a (tiny) adult person, haha.


As for the conditioning workout...I’m fairly certain it almost killed me. I was dripping the entire way through. We had to do 42 double unders (which take me forever, ugh), 21 overhead squats and 14 pull ups. Overhead squats are another new one for me. Basically, you perform a hang power snatch (from Friday) to get into your starting position...and then you squat. It’s way harder than it sounds (or looks). It’s tough to hold your balance in that kind of position. You have to really shrug your shoulders and lock your arms and if you don’t (probably because you're getting tired) you won’t be able to squat. They were so tough...but in a good way. The technique wasn’t all that challenging, but executing it was.


We had to complete 3 rounds of the circuits as fast as we could. I did it in 21:34. My time was respectable. I wasn’t complaining because the double unders took me so damn long. They were really frustrating. At the end I was so tired I just wasn’t able to jump high enough. I had to really put my head down and focus to get through those.


I’m heading there tomorrow after work (which I am really dreading), so I’ll try and post when I get back.


Have a great night!


- N

0 comments:

Post a Comment