Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Round 15 - 11/23/10

Today was the day we spiced things up a little bit ;). The first part of WOD was either a press or a bench press. As promised, I went with the bench press for something different. I was actually quite strong in that respect (probably from the amount of pushups I’ve done since joining, hahaha). I ended up working to a 5 rep max of 75lbs. I was working with one of the other girls there and we took turn spotting each other. I worked out with her for the AMRAP workout yesterday too so that was cool. No lie, I’m happy I made a friend. I don’t feel like such a newbie now.


The second part of the WOD was called “Annie”. Certain baseline workouts are given names (actual names, apparently), so today it was Annie.


Well let me tell you something...Annie’s kind of a bitch. It was a loooong workout and it was painful and challenging technically. We’re not really a fan of Annie.


Basically what we had to do was 50-40-30-20-10 (reps) of double unders (formerly known to me as double jump rope, where the rope circles you twice before you land) and then sit ups. I didn’t think I could do one double under, so the trainer told me just to do triple the reps of single jumps.


But, funny thing, today I discovered I can do a double under. I can actually do them fairly well a few times in a row and I don’t always end up caught up in the rope. So I did the real workout and was pretty proud of myself. I had never successfully done a double under before and I did over 100! I guess I finally got the hang of it!


The workout took me a while (I was slow, 3.5 minutes behind the next slowest person), but I was just happy I completed it to be honest. I clocked in at 14:56. Take that, Annie!


My abs are going to be dead tomorrow, I can feel it already and my abs always take the longest to recover. I’ll be going back again on Thursday, so we’ll see how I do then.


- N

2 comments:

  1. haha, I like that! Giving some of the workouts names so you can curse them. ;)

    I'm terrible at jump rope, it's actually laughable to watch me try to start, I don't even know how I would do doubles.

    Take that, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @happyhappyjoyjoy

    Hahahah. Yeeeeep. I asked the trainer if one of the workouts was named after her and she laughed. Then some guy was like "No. We just call her 'The Evil One'."

    I have never done that in my liiiiiife. I suck at it. I did it once and I stopped jumping because I wasn't sure what had just happened.

    :)

    ReplyDelete