Saturday, December 18, 2010

Update (a.k.a. How much pain I'm in today)

I'm sitting here finishing my coffee about to get ready to go to work, but I thought I'd give everyone a little update on my...err..."condition".

Well, I'm not gonna lie. I'm definitely sore. It's mostly in my quads (when I use the stairs) and my upper back.

What I will also say though, is I still have not felt pain or stiffness like I did those first few days after I started. Those workouts were shorter and less gruelling than what I did yesterday, but I'm functioning way better today than I was then.

I know some people attempt weight training for a day and then use their soreness as a reason to skip it a day or 2 later. But the truth is, once you start moving and working out again the blood starts flowing and the pain goes away. And after a few weeks you will start to recover faster. I'm recovering so much faster after harder workouts because I'm training my body to do so. You just have to push a little bit and be prepared to be uncomfortable and the rest will come. It's not supposed to feel good...if it does you're not pushing hard enough.

Kay, that's my advice for the morning. Everybody go feel some pain! LOL.

- N

0 comments:

Post a Comment